1. Airplanes – You thought I was going to say Kauai, right? Actually, airplanes are great
for writing. You are stuck in this flying bullet with nowhere to go and nothing to focus on for HOURS. I love to fly alone, and I will be flying alone to Kauai this trip. It’s going to take me 9 hours to get there. It’s easy to “plug in” and be left alone. I have a Alphasmart that runs freaking FOREVER on batteries.
3. Coffee Shops – Endless supply of fuel. And I can’t do laundry. Again, I “plug in” with my headphones and easily forget everyone in the room.
4. Waiting Rooms – I am one of those rare people who never complain about waiting for a doctor. It’s stolen time, and I’m always looking to grab a little extra writing time.
5. My office – I have a pretty cool office with lots of inspirational things placed here and there. Plus, I don’t have to be dressed for public when I work in my office, and it’s always open.
6. My bedroom – This room acts like a 2nd office when the hubby is home, since he shares my office. He also
kills more people in that room than I do. I’m a W.O.W widow (World of Warcraft for those of you not up on your geek).
8. Midnight – I know you might argue that midnight isn’t a “place.” But for me, midnight is a magical place and therefore has to be counted. There is deep silence during the night that inspires many things, and since I suffer insomnia (it’s currently 12:46 am as I am writing this) writing helps with not plotting my hubby’s unfortunate demise while he peacefully sleeps unaware.
9. My convertible – Taking a topless drive and parking in some beautiful spot, usually one with a view, can break up my day and get the creative juices flowing. Especially if I first, get a green tea Frappuccino, hit the freeway, turn the radio up to scream, and floor it.
10. Corner of a bookstore or library – The hallowed halls of writers that have come before me. Need I say more.
I am always looking for great places to escape. There can never be too many. So please share some of your
favorite places that help you create.
~Until next time, ALOHA!